Thanks for the plutil tip Brian.

It's not supposed to be an old style dictionary - it's just a strings file, and I have the whole thing in English and Spanish - the English one loads fine, and the Spanish one doesn't. Unfortunately seeing as plutil thinks it's supposed to be an old style dictionary file, it just tells me that there is an error at line 1.

That usually indicates a problem with line endings.

Make sure you open your Strings.plist file in Xcode, and check the line endings you have.

I have seen that same error when the strings file was modified by some "other platform" text editor, messing with the line endings. When I changed these, plutil finally gave me the exact line number of the problem.

Also, for good measure, make sure the strings file ends with an empty line, too.

Yours,
--
Norbert M. Doerner
CEO, West-Forest-Systems