If the source code that is sending you the data in the first place is your own
code, you could have that code use the CFConvertFloat32ToSwapped() before
sending it, and then your client can use CFConvertFloat32SwappedToHost() to
convert it back, nice and easily.

At any rate, HostToBig is not what you want in the client, since you’re
swapping it *to* the host byte order, not *from* it. CFSwapInt32BigToHost()
would be more correct in that case, even though the two functions will both do
the same thing in practice on a little-endian machine.

Charles