On Nov 30, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Ben wrote:

> On 30 Nov 2011, at 14:24, John Joyce wrote:

> Sure, well I have ruled out that the site is using IP and hostName, and as
> far as my knowledge of Javascript goes, I don't think  javascript running on
> one web page, can access a separate web page unless it created it itself.
> That's all the methods I can think of that they may be using .

JavaScripts may effect any page whose URL shares the same domain, in essence.
So a JavaScript on a site page could detect whether a page has been previously
loaded and close it. I would say that it is unlikely a cookie issue as the
JavaScript approach is easier and less error prone.

You may also want to consider *why* the site is doing this. They may be using
window names or id's that must be unique for the site to function properly, and
circumventing it could cause unexpected issues.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.