On 30 Nov 2011, at 15:22, Keary Suska wrote:

> On Nov 30, 2011, at 7:48 AM, Ben wrote:

>> Sure, well I have ruled out that the site is using IP and hostName, and as
>> far as my knowledge of Javascript goes, I don't think  javascript running on
>> one web page, can access a separate web page unless it created it itself.
>> That's all the methods I can think of that they may be using .
>
> JavaScripts may effect any page whose URL shares the same domain, in essence.
> So a JavaScript on a site page could detect whether a page has been
> previously loaded and close it. I would say that it is unlikely a cookie
> issue as the JavaScript approach is easier and less error prone.
>
> You may also want to consider *why* the site is doing this. They may be using
> window names or id's that must be unique for the site to function properly,
> and circumventing it could cause unexpected issues.
>
> HTH,
>
> Keary Suska

Oh OK, well that put's an entirely different perspective on things. I did not
know that same domain pages could communicate.

So if I were to hunt down the culprit javascript I could perhaps disable it
with something likeā€¦
[windowController.webview
stringByEvaluatingJavaScriptFromString:@"location.hostname=null;"];

Thanks. Oh the reason I want this functionality is that I have multiple
accounts for dealing shares, every day I have to set up 3 different browsers
and 10 or so different pages and it takes 10 minutes of my life every day. So
I'm trying to find a way to do everything I need, open every page and account