On Dec 1, 2011, at 8:19 AM, Torsten Curdt wrote:

> Now while I could create the file in
> namesOfPromisedFilesDroppedAtDestination: I am not sure whether that
> is the correct place. The docs state "After a drag operation is
> dropped, the dragging destination receives a performDragOperation:
> message." but I don't see that method getting called at all.
>
> Where is the correct place to create the files for the drop destination?

The namesOfPromisedFilesDroppedAtDestination: methods are the best place to
start, but they have to return pretty quickly in order to avoid any chance of
an event timeout happening, so if it will block and take a while to write, you
could make the run loop call a method that will start writing after the method
returns. You could use NSTimer or -performSelector:withObject:afterDelay: or a
similar method.

> And will this also work when sandbox'ed?

I doubt it.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>