I've not experienced this crash, but the call stack of your crash includes
these lines.

4   com.apple.CoreFoundation CFURLCopyResourcePropertyForKey
5   com.apple.LaunchServices _LSGetIconRefForURL
6   com.apple.LaunchServices LSSharedFileListInsertItemURL

The declaration of LSSharedFileListInsertItemURL() is at:

/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.7.sdk/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Headers/LSSharedFileList.h

LSSharedFileListInsertItemURL() takes seven parameters, one of which is an icon.

I conclude that the the problem your user is having is because the file that is
being added to Recents has a bad, missing, or otherwise strange icon.