On Dec 14, 2011, at 11:07 AM, Dave Reed wrote:

> Here's my sorting scenario with a few more details.
>
> Entity A (the one I'm fetching) has a to-one relation to Entity B with
> attribute b. Let's call the relation "tob" so my sort descriptor said
> withKey:@"tob.b" and it results of the fetch request did not come back in
> that order, but if I then sort the resulting array using the sort descriptor,
> it does sort it.
>
> The way I read the documentation, that should work during the fetch, but it
> doesn't.

Unfortunately, Core Data-Specific sort descriptor docs are fairly lacking. As I
mentioned it may be that NSSortDescriptor doesn't translate key paths like
NSPredicate might. It may expect them to be appropriate to a SQL query.
Considering that the attribute b or entity B is unambiguous (i.e. entity A does
not have an attribute with the same name), have you tried passing just "b" as
the key? Another option is passing "B.b" as the key.

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.