On Dec 23, 2011, at 9:14 AM, Phil Hystad wrote:

> I have been reading the Core Audio documentation at the Apple Developer site
> and I am not sure I know any more today then when I started.  Are there any
> Core Audio programmers on this list or is there a better spot.

it, and apparently that’s still down (for like, a month now? What’s up with
that?)

Anyway, I feel your pain. CoreAudio is possibly the gnarliest Mac API in
existence*. It’s a toss-up between it and the Security APIs — CoreAudio makes
you deal with threading, but Security has even worse docs and less sample code.
:-P

Have you looked at AVFoundation? I believe it’s available on 10.7 now. It
appears to be the high-level OOP audio API I would have turned tricks for in
2007.

—Jens

* Among deceased APIs, of course, QuickTime is the worst. OMG THE HORROR