Hi Everyone,

I am not sure where else to post this, so here is where I am going to start..

I have an application that is saving a custom file. It has a progress bar that
shows the percentage of the file written, along with a byte count that is
rounded to the nears Kilo/Mega/Gigabyte size. Not a big deal, as this is
trivial to calculate out.

However, I just had a bug report from a beta tester, that shows that the Finder
reports the Size of the file vastly different from what my application shows in
the save progress indicator.

I thought that was strange, yet sure enough there is a pretty big difference.

I have a file that is 352524244 bytes in size.
My application calculates it to be 336.19 Megs in size.
Finder displays this as 352.5 MB.

So, if I am not mistaken, Apple isn't dividing by 1024, but rather by 1000?

Has anyone else had to work though this?

Thanks!
bob.

Robert Monaghan
Glue Tools LLC