Hi all,

        How does one call a Cocoa function from C++ code?

        I've got an existing .cpp file that leverages the vstgui framework,
which includes support for Cocoa in the underlying layers.  However, vstgui
does not support dialogs or alerts. My code already supports native Windows
dialogs/alerts, and Carbon windows/alerts, as needed, and I'd like to add
support for Cocoa when my audio plug-in is compiled as 64-bit on the Mac.

        One of my current functions is something like this:

void MyObj::showAlert( char* text, char* caption )
{
#ifdef WIN32
        // calls ShowMessage
#else
        // calls CreateStandardAlert and RunStandardAlert
#endif
}

        I'd like to add the ability to support Cocoa, by adding a .mm/.h file
with the Cocoa code to display an NSAlert, and call it from here when the
preprocessor symbol MAC_COCOA is defined.  I've created the Cocoa files, but
how can I include and call into that code from my .cpp file?  Simply adding
either #import or #include of my new .h file causes many many errors, even
though the .mm file itself compiles fine.

        Anyone know of a very simple example showing what I need to do here?
All the examples I find so far show making the call from a .mm file in the
first place, but I can't do that because my code is also compiled for 32-bit
Carbon (and Windows). How do I call from a .cpp file into a .mm file?

Thanks,
        Howard