On Jan 31, 2012, at 11:31 AM, Howard Moon <how...@antarestech.com> wrote:
> How do I call from a .cpp file into a .mm file?

Write a C or C++ function in the .mm file that is called by the .cpp file.
Nothing magic.

> Simply adding either #import or #include of my new .h file causes many many
> errors, even though the .mm file itself compiles fine.

What are the errors? What is in your .h file? I bet your .h file is including
Objective-C headers, which won't work when your .h file is included in a plain
.cpp file.

> All the examples I find so far show making the call from a .mm file in the
> first place, but I can't do that because my code is also compiled for 32-bit
> Carbon (and Windows).

What you tried above should work, once you figure out what is wrong with your
.h file.

An alternative:
1. Add Objective-C++ code to your existing .cpp file inside MAC_COCOA.
2. Tell Xcode that your .cpp file is actually Objective-C++.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler