On Feb 1, 2012, at 12:09 AM, John Michael Zorko wrote:

> I've an issue that i'm trying to solve, and i've run into several walls. This
> app i'm working on requires Core Location, and on first install, iOS displays
> it's "this app needs location services / Allow / Don't Allow" alert. That's
> fine, but the issue is that my app's window's root view controller's
> viewDidLoad is called before the iOS-supplied alert is dismissed, and said
> viewDidLoad checks to see if CL is enabled and shows it's own alert if not.
> The result: once the user dismisses the iOS-supplied alert by tapping Allow,
> the alert that my view controller created is shown (because when my view
> controller did the CL check, the user hadn't dismissed the iOS-supplied alert
> yet, so CL was not enabled at the time).

It sounds like your enabled/authorized check is incorrect. You should check
both locationServicesEnabled and authorizationStatus. If location services are
disabled, then just start checking for location services (and wait for the
authorization status change as Fritz mentioned).

If location services are enabled, then check your authorization status and act
appropriately based on the status. kCLAuthorizationStatusNotDetermined means we
haven't asked the user yet, kCLAuthorizationStatusRestricted means that the
user cannot change the current status, and
kCLAuthorizationStatusDenied/Authorized have the obvious meaning.
--
David Duncan