On 1 Feb 2012, at 11:13 AM, Erik Stainsby wrote:

> Where would that be introduced into the hierarchy ? As the File Owner of the
> View ? Or as an ObjectController added into the View ?  Are you suggesting
> substitution or addition to the tree.

By "that," I assume you mean the NSObjectController. NSViewControllers have to
load NIB files. Add the object controller to the top level of the NIB. In
(again) simple cases, you don't even need to link it to an outlet of File's
Owner.

But consider Quincey's point about direct binding (which doesn't vitiate my
main point, that NSViewController can be useful without subclassing).

        — F