Dany,

Start with the documentation. There will be some samples for some methods. That
should get you started. There are also some good books available. Don't imagine
you can start modifying Cocoa code without any or few knowledge, you're going
to burn yourself.

Usually, NSAlert are used only to display alerts to the user, nothing else. If
you need something a little more fancy than NSAlert, you just create a window
and run it as a modal to get the same NSAlert behavior.

-Laurent.
--
Laurent Daudelin
AIM/iChat/Skype:LaurentDaudelin