On Feb 2, 2012, at 14:23 , Graham Cox wrote:

> On 31/01/2012, at 7:14 PM, Dany Golubitsky wrote:
>
>> I am interested in opening NSAlert window that includes editable text field.
>

> Well, that's pretty daft :)
>
> NSAlert isn't designed for that purpose, so why try to make it fit somewhere
> it doesn't?
>
> Just use NSPanel, you'll find it a lot more amenable to what you're trying to
> do - don't fight the framework.

You're the second person who's scorned the idea of adding things to an alert.
In fact, NSAlert is explicitly designed to allow adding controls via an
accessory subview:

http://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/Dialog/Articles/CustomAlertDialogs.html

One of the benefits of using a customized alert is that you don't have to worry
about resizing the window based on the size of the message and informative text.

OTOH, looking at the OP's links to screenshots, two things are obvious:

1. This particular task isn't one that NSAlert is suitable for. It's not
actually an alert.

2. There are no new frontiers in Cyrillic pornography. ;)