On 16/02/2012, at 2:32 AM, koko wrote:

> Now we want to bring that thread color into our embroidery program.  The
> scanned image may be on any connected display.
>
> I want to capture a rect centered on the point where the user clicked so I
> can get a best fit for the color.
>
> This is easy to do on Windows using the SetCapture() functions which directs
> all events to my app.
>
> How do I get this accomplished on OSX?

By breaking the problem down. If you can load an image, you can sample its
colours. If you can create an image from the scanner, you have a way to capture
the image. I believe there is a framework for acquiring images, including from
scanners. I haven't used it so I can't help there, but why not just work on the
sampling a colour from an image part? That way you can simply open an image
from disk and develop that part of the code.

I don't see what screens/displays have to do with this problem at all.

--Graham