Thanks, I'm just surprised that this common, often cited example is broken.

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=bwQY3_5FMg8C&pg=PA775&lpg=PA775&dq=beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler&source=bl&ots=aMuw5-hiP6&sig=NFKFDhaPw41KnfOo1n7Z_OaJflM&hl=en&sa=X&ei=T-s_T76JEaOl0AW0y-iPDw&ved=0CGoQ6AEwCTgK#v=onepage&q=beginBackgroundTaskWithExpirationHandler&f=false

That's an awful lot of broken code.