On 20/02/2012, at 11:11 AM, William Squires wrote:

> Okay, 'nuther dumb question. How do I hook the different arrows in an
> NSStepper to actions in my view controller? Or how do I ask (id)sender which
> arrow was clicked?

You can't, it works differently. Instead it has a "value" , just like a slider.
This can be incremented or decremented, and the action method can extract the
value and respond accordingly. In other words it tracks the value for you, you
don't use it to increment or decrement a value in your data model.

It's actually quite nice that it works this way, because you can hook it up
with a textfield to the same action method, and set the two together, or bind
them in pairs if you're using bindings. The max, min and increment amount can
all be set in IB.

--Graham