Den 23:55 7. mars 2012 skrev Don Quixote de la Mancha
<quix...@dulcineatech.com> følgende:

> If you possibly can replace locking algorithms with what are commonly but
> incorrectly called lock free algorithms.  They use Atomic Arithmetic
> Primitives provided by the CPU Instruction Set  Archetector to manage very
> short term locks on single words of memory.

Lock-free algorithms are cool, but keep in mind that they can be hard
to implement, so you have to know what you're doing. Once you have
forgotten to think of a possible scheduling sequence that might
corrupt your data, you have introduced very subtle bugs that can be
very hard to track down. If you only stick to well-known algorithms
that are well tested, you should be OK, I think. But remember to
analyze the whole structure of the app to determine if that algorithm,
used the way you intend to use it, does really make it thread safe. I
guess this last bit is true whether you use locks or not.

To see a list of atomic primitives for OS X apps, start terminal and type

man atomic<enter>

Per