On Mar 21, 2012, at 07:56 , Pascal Harris wrote:

> @interface gameTile : UIView
>
> And I've successfully drawn my tiles onto the iOS Simulator screen.
>
> Now I want to scramble the state of each of the tiles.  In the game
> controller, I'm using the following code:
>
> [[self.view subviews] makeObjectsPerformSelector:@selector(scrambleState)];
>
> I've put a breakpoint in scrambleState - and it never gets called. I'm
> guessing that 'makeObjectsPerformSelector' fails to work because
> scrambleState is not a method in UIView. Question is, what do I need to do in
> order to ensure that this code gets called?

Assuming that 'scrambleState' is a method of the 'gameTile' class, then it
doesn't matter that it's not a UIView method -- it only matters that it's a
method of the objects you send the selector to, i.e. the subviews.

One thing to check: if your 'scrambleState' actually has a parameter:

        - (void) scrambleState: …

Then you need '@selector(scrambleState:)', not '@selector(scrambleState)'. It's
an easy thing to overlook.