Hi All,

[I've read the Cocoa Autolayout release notes and googled for "NSView
autolayout fullscreen" and nothing I've found has shed any light on my problem]

Here's the issue:

My application has a custom view with constraints set to pin it to the top,
bottom, and trailing edges of the window.  The width is fixed and the height
may vary as the window resizes.  All works well when the application runs on
Lion (10.7.3).  Resizing the window produces the desired affect.

However, when I put the custom view into fullscreen mode (using
-enterFullScreenMode:withOptions:) the view does NOT occupy the entire screen
like I expect (and like it did under Snow Leopard 10.6.8).  Instead I get the
normal-sized view positioned in the lower left hand corner of the screen.  When
I exit fullscreen mode, the view does NOT return to its previous frame (like
under snow leopard).  Instead it is positioned within the window  with its
normal bounds at an origin of (0,0).

When I listen for bounds change notifications, I can see that when the view
goes into fullscreen mode I  get two notices: the first one with the bounds
matching the screen, followed by a second with the bounds matching the original
size of the view.  Similarly, when I exit fullscreen mode I get two bounds
change notices: the correct bounds followed by an incorrect value.

If I remove the constraints from the view before entering fullscreen mode, I
get the results I expect.  Adding the constraints back to the view when exiting
fullscreen mode has not been successful.  Perhaps this is because some of the
constraints depend on the superview (does a fullscreen view have a superview?)

My Question:  How do constraints affect views placed into fullscreen mode?  Is
there something obvious that I can do to get this to "just work" like it did
under Snow Leopard?

Thanks in advance.

regards,

douglas