Hello Michael,

On 11.04.2012, at 00:18, Michael Parchet wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have started a billing project with coco and core data. In my project, I
> have a form that the user must fill to add a customer (for example) but it
> seems that core data have only an array controller with a manage object
> context to manage the core data database. Is it true ?

no. You don't have to use a NSArrayController.

> In some language (such as java), I can send some sql query to the database.
> such as (insert into Customeer etc..), I can also send a set of query
> (transaction).
>
> On the apple website, in a guide, I have reed an information about fetch
> request How it work ? Can the fetch request help me in my project ?

CoreData is a complex technology, if you don't already read the Core Data
Programming Guide
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Conceptual/CoreData/cdProgrammingGuide.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/TP40001075
now is the time to do so …

For example your example "insert a Customer":

context is a NSManagedObjectContext, "Customer" your Customer entity

NSManagedObject *customer = [NSEntityDescription
    insertNewObjectForEntityForName:@"Customer"
    inManagedObjectContext:context];

that's all. After that you use the customer. On context>>save: the new customer
is written to disk (if you don't use a in memory
persistent store…).

A fetch request fetches as the name implies … CoreData is not a ORM-framework.
sqlite is available as a persistent store type,
but you can't access the database directly.

Cheers,

Felix