On Apr 15, 2012, at 12:42 PM, Luc Van Bogaert wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have this custom view, that can have any number of subviews. The custom
> view should redraw itself whenever any of the subviews frame changes. I'm
> trying to find a way to do this.
>
> I'm thinking of adding the custom view to the default notification center as
> observer for any frame change notifications. When such a notification comes
> in, I would call a method in which the view could check if the sender of the
> notification is indeed a subview and then act accordingly.
>
> I suppose this would work, but I'm wondering if there is a more efficient way
> of doing this.
> Any advice would be appreciated.

Any subview, or any descendant view?

If it's just direct subviews, you can add the observer in your superview's
-didAddSubview: rather than subscribing for all frame change notifications (of
which there will be a _lot_) and filtering out the ones for your descendants.

Can I ask what specifically you're trying to accomplish? Maybe the better
approach is to push the frames down to your subviews rather than reacting to
their resizing.

--Kyle Sluder