Xcode 4.3.2, Lion 10.7.3,
Apple 30" Cinema Display, Samsung SyncMaster 950p

Consider the following simple drawRect to demonstrate the issue

- (void)drawRect:(NSRect)dirtyRect
{
    // Drawing code here.
    NSRect bounds = [self bounds];
    NSBezierPath *path = [NSBezierPath bezierPathWithRect:bounds];
    [path stroke];
}

In the specific case of the Cinema Display having a resolution setting of 1280
x 800
the rectangle is not fully drawn every time. The top and right edges are
missing.
But sometimes they do draw. It seems quite arbitrary.

I have tested this with all other resolutions on the Cinema Display under both
standard
and HiDPI and also on the Samsung CRT. They all work just fine. Even the
Samsung at 1280 x 800.

(I have tried things such as NSIntegralRect but nothing works except to change
the resolution)

Why would this occur and only at that resolution and only on the Cinema Display?

Any ideas for tracking it down, or working around it, gratefully received.

TIA and respect….

Peter