On 2012-05-05, at 11:29 AM, Andy Lee wrote:
> On May 5, 2012, at 10:41 AM, Peter Teeson wrote:
>> Thanks so much Ken for that help. I am using NSInsetRect later on in my
>> actual code for something else
>> But I did not realize that the bounds stroke was straddling the view content
>> edges.
>> How did you learn that?
>
> The docs mention it, though it's understandable that you didn't think to look
> for it since it *looked* like a hardware issue.
>
> <https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/nsbezierpath_Class/Reference/Reference.html#//apple_ref/doc/uid/20000339-CHDECDGE>
>> The drawn line is centered on the path with its sides parallel to the path
>> segment. This method uses the current drawing attributes associated with the
>> receiver.
>
> --Andy
Thanks Andy. I should have looked up NSBezierPath using AppKiDo and looked at
-stroke.
But I thought I knew what a Bezier was so just found a suitable method for my
test.
Never gave a thought to how -stroke works.

Thanks so much for helping me.

respect….

Peter

P.S. You can learn something new every day unless you are very careful. ;}