Thank you! You might want to add this to an appendix of your book some time.

Am 26.05.2012 um 14:58 schrieb Shane Stanley:

> On 26/05/2012, at 10:25 PM, Peter wrote:
>
>> On the other hand I have never seen/never tried to call AppleScript from
>> Cocoa in AppleScriptObjC terms - if this wording makes sense at all. I don't
>> remember reading about this in your book, which focuses of course on
>> accessing Cocoa from AppleScript.
>
> It's not in the book, but it's pretty simple. You just need to stick to
> passing objects of the main classes (NSString, NSArray, NSNumber,
> NSDictionary, NSData) and coercing them in the receiving handler. So in this
> case you might have an AS "class" with a handler like this:

Just for clarification:

This AS handler would then live in a .applescript file in my project wrapped in

script ASClassInstance
> on selectItemsInFinder_(arrayOfPaths)
>       set arrayOfPaths to arrayOfPaths as list -- coerce from pseudo-pointer
> to AS object
>       set fileList to {}
>       repeat with aPath in arrayOfPaths
>               set end of fileList to aPath as POSIX file
>       end repeat
>       tell application "Finder" to select fileList
> end selectItemsInFinder_
end script

> And you can call it as either a class or instance method:
>
> NSArray *array = *paths*
> [ASClassInstance selectItemsInFinder:array];
>
> or:
>
> [[ASClassName alloc] init] selectItemsInFinder:array];
>
> or:
>
> [ASClassName selectItemsInFinder:array];

And on of the above calls would live in a .m file containing

#import <AppleScriptObjC/AppleScriptObjC.h> //no need to put this in main.m, I
guess

in a project with the AppleScriptObjC linked in.

Is this correct? Does this require any special build settings?

Thanks!

___ Peter Hartmann ________

mailto:hphartm...@justmail.de