The standard way to localize an app is based on the user's preferred language.
(on mac os x, the preferred language order of priority/availability )

Above and beyond that, you might have some case where your app has a reason to
enable setting the preferred language at the app preferences level, or some UI
elements that need to change live.

All doable.

Depends on your needs.