Hi John,

I am American but I've been studying Spanish for years so I run my Macs and
iDevices in Spanish but everything else is American (dates, punctuation, etc.).
It really sticks out (in a bad way) when an app is partially localized or,
based on my language setting, makes assumptions other than I want the words to
appear in Spanish (such as, I live in Spain or use Euros for currency). The
apps I am working on use user preferences, standard .lproj localizations.

As for App Store and iTunes, on iOS 5.1.1 (and as long as I can remember),
those apps appear on my phone in Spanish. If I switch my language to English,
they will be in English. They don't change depending on where I am and I
completely agree that it would be strange (and terrible) if my phone changed
its language based on where I am. Just imagine flying from Paris to Moscow!

Marc