On Jun 4, 2012, at 3:58 PM, Vojtěch Meluzín wrote:

> But I want to generate builds for
> 10.5 SDK, but using the new GCC. XCode 4 installer created SDKs for 10.6
> and 10.7, how can I get the 10.5 SDK?

You'll need to build with the 10.7 SDK that comes with Xcode. You can still
build apps that target 10.5 as long as you don't use any newer APIs; just set
the "Deployment Target" build setting to 10.5.

> And is it even possible to use it
> with the new GCC. I'm not using XCode for development and rather use the
> command line tools directly.

Make sure to install the command-line tools when you install Xcode 4.3; they're
not installed by default anymore.

The 'gcc' tool is GCC 4.2.1 with the LLVM back-end. This is a really old GCC;
Apple stopped updating it a long time ago.

If you want the latest compiler, you'll want to use 'clang' instead. I don't
know whether the command-line options are similar to GCC's; check the man page.
Language-wise it supports nearly all the GCC extensions, so your code should
compile with minimal work.

—Jens