On Jun 5, 2012, at 10:45 AM, Vojtěch Meluzín wrote:

> Ok, so I installed XCode 4 and I also installed XCode 3 from my backup
> installer. Now XCode 4 conrtains the Developer stuff, SDKs etc., but only
> 10.6 and 10.7 as expected. But I cannot find XCode 3 SDKs, any idea where
> they are? Or I'm not supposed to have both versions installed at the same
> moment?

If you're still using Snow Leopard, then you can have both of them installed at
once, but you must install them into separate places and use the xcode-select
command line tool to switch between them.

> Let's say I installed XCode 4, how can I now build my stuff for
> 10.5 SDK?

You have to use xcode-select to switch to the directory tree containing Xcode 3.

> Btw. the new compiler is more reliable than GCC? I checked the project site
> and I'm a little confused about what it actually is... seems like a simple
> wrapper for GCC to me…

That is correct; LLVM-GCC is just a front-end for LLVM that accepts GCC-style
command line options. I've never had any major problems with either LLVM or the
old GCC. What problems were you having, exactly? Compilers are among the most
heavily QA'd products in the marketplace, so actual compiler bugs are quite
rare.

Nick Zitzmann
<http://www.chronosnet.com/>