On Jun 21, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Scott Ribe wrote:

> On Jun 21, 2012, at 12:17 PM, Michael Domino wrote:
>
>> My preferences code strictly uses the CFPreferences api and has worked
>> reliably since Tiger. On Mountain Lion Preview 4 (with the recent update),
>> though, preferences writing has been erratic, sometimes my preferences are
>> updated correctly, sometimes not. Are there any known issues with
>> CFPreferences on Mountain Lion?
>
> My problems with prefs started with Lion, FYI…

I guess the question is, why do you care whether the preferences have been
written to disk? As long as everyone is using the correct API to access
preferences, it doesn't matter whether CFPreferences is caching them in memory
before flushing them to disk. (Likewise, you shouldn't be storing user-critical
data in preferences.)

--Kyle Sluder