On 06/07/2012, at 12:50 PM, Erik Stainsby wrote:

> However, I am getting an   "unrecognized selector sent to instance
> 0xyaddayadda" when I try to run this. I know the selector does exist, so I
> must have a scoping issue (?)

At run-time, if the target object implements the selector (whether in a
category or otherwise), you won't get this message. So, the target object is
either not what you think it is, or the category wasn't attached.

If the selector is supplied by a category, then the category must have been
loaded in order to be attached to the class. If that category is implemented by
the plug-in, you must have loaded and linked the plug-in before calling the
method, so if that's the case I'd be looking at where and how you are doing
this - usually you use the methods of the NSBundle class to load your plug-in.
e.g. -loadAndReturnError:

It's not that clear from what you posted where the category is defined and
implemented - in your app or in the plug-in.

--Graham