On 18/07/2012, at 2:27 PM, Graham Cox wrote:

> This no longer seems to work since some versions ago

On further investigation, it is still being called (as of Lion). But it's still
an undocumented hack.

The particular thing that's bothering me the most is that I have a source-list
outline view in my floating palette, and it responds to the window activation
state even though for the floating panel it's meaningless. I'd rather it didn't
and appeared always active.

How can I do that? If there's a general answer to that question that would be
great, but otherwise doing something with the table/outline view is OK.

--Graham