Hi Steve

How can a view disregard resizing request? It is simply resized....

The window cannot reject its resizing. Or actually, it DOES reject, by stating
its min-size to cocoa. The window IS RESIZED.

The content view of a window has no way to prevent its resizing. It is by
definition covering its windows content area. As far as I know, there is no
(BOOL)shouldResize: method I can override for an NSView or a NSWindow, in which
It can refuse a new size.

A possible solution would be to have sub-view not-resize as their super-view,
and be cut when the superview goes below their minimum.
That implies pretty much coding to let subviews do resize with superview when
possible and don't do it otherwise. Also, revealing sub-view contents that has
been cut calls for more re-drawing and synchronization mechanism.

On 19 ביול 2012, at 13:56, Steve Bird wrote:

> On Jul 10, 2012, at 10:39 AM, Motti Shneor wrote:
>> If the window started in its minimal size, this animation will SHRINK IT
>> BELOW THE MINIMAL size and will corrupt my UI beyond repair. My views are
>> receiving setFrameSize: with unsupported size.
>
> Not sure about prevention, but can't you put a check here?
> If (sizeRequested < minSize)
>   sizeRequested = minSize
>
> Just disregard the invalid requests?
> Steve Bird
> Culverson Software - Elegant software that is a pleasure to use.
> www.Culverson.com                     (toll free) 1-877-676-8175

Motti Shneor