I'm using the system "say" command to speak phrases within my app. I've tried
NSSpeechSynthesizer and Carbon's Speech Synthesis Engine but both have a
serious memory leak problem which gets my app into trouble. By using the system
"say" command I move the problem out of my app and into the system.

What I want to do is determine the ratio of inactive to free in order to
determine when to execute the purge command to free up the inactive memory
before the system gets into trouble.

On Aug 13, 2012, at 1:56 PM, David Duncan wrote:

> On Aug 12, 2012, at 7:10 PM, Charlie Dickman <3tothe...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> Initially I'm interested in system wide memory usage (free, wired,active,
>> inactive) but following on I might like numbers for just my process.
>> If hacking through Darwin is the only way to do this than never mind but
>> with all of the programs out there that include these numbers there must be
>> a better way to find out how it's done.
>

> What are you trying to debug?
> --
> David Duncan