On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:48 AM, Jean Suisse wrote:

> I have an NSPanel window that contains an NSTableView with the usual setup
> (NSPanel -> content view (NSView) -> NSScrollView -> NSTableView -> etc).
> When the Panel does not have the focus, clicking on an item of the table view
> will first activate the panel. Then a second click will be required to select
> the item. This two-click selection is inconvenient.
>
> I have tried to answer yes to acceptsFirstMouse in the content view, the
> scroll view, and the table view without success. Anyone knows how to deal
> with this ?

If you want the click through to effect the table view, it seems more logical
to override acceptsFirstMouse: in an NSTableView subclass, rather than the
content view...

If somehow the event if being filtered before that point, you could subclass
NSPanel to manually propagate the event to the table view...

HTH,

Keary Suska
Esoteritech, Inc.