Well, then you just need to override:

- (BOOL)needsPanelToBecomeKey

in the NSTableView (subclass) and return NO.

More info here :
https://developer.apple.com/library/mac/#documentation/Cocoa/Reference/ApplicationKit/Classes/nsview_Class/Reference/NSView.html

This should do the trick. (It worked for me)

Cheers
Jean

Jean Suisse
Institut de Chimie Moléculaire de l’Université de Bourgogne
(ICMUB) — UMR 6302

U.F.R. Sciences et Techniques, Bâtiment Mirande
Aile B, bureau 411
9, avenue Alain Savary — B.P. 47870
21078 DIJON CEDEX

T: +333-8039-9037