> there are hosts that can use both AU and VST (and potentially VST3)
> interfaces for plugins. But there's a big catch - crappy Cocoa design. My
> plugins are obviously the same for all the interfaces and simply provide
> all interface implementations, so the they can be both AU and VST, just
> depending on where you put it and what extension you give to the bundle.
> BUT when you then use e.g. Ableton Live and open the same plugin first
> using VST and then using AU, boom you have a crash, because when VST has
> been open, system checked for Cocoa GUI classes in the VST version and then
> when you open the AU plugin it uses the GUI class from the VST version,
> because they have the same name! So it starts using resources from the VST
> version etc... lots of bad stuff can happen. How to solve it? For different
> plugins it is solved by adding some postfix to the class names, which is
> just sad, but at least it solved the issue. But here I don't see a way
> without providing different executables for VST and AU, which is a no go.
> Any ideas?
>

> Create cocoa class at runtime
>
> You can check how this is done in Juce, especially in the AU wrapper.
> http://www.rawmaterialsoftware.com/juce/
>
> HTH

Thanks. One trouble - I checked and I didn't find any runtime cocoa class
creation - they seem to have special Cocoa views for AU. But I'm worried
about this, because even if I'd create special classes for all interfaces
(which is sick, but ok...) by subclassing my default view class, what is
the odds that the god damn system will use the class from the first loaded
module anyway, they will be there too obviously. Any ideas?
Or can you point me out into Juce, where the thing is supposed to be?

Vojtech