>> How (as in by which amounts) are you modifying the properties to arrive at
>> those mixed results? Why are they not what you want? What do you actually
>> want?

I want to know what properties I should be adjusting to simulate a zoom in and
a zoom out.

Using the Scene Kit Fun project, I place this code in the mousedown event,
distance is an ivar that is set to 45.

    self->distance = self->distance - 5.0;
    camera.xFov = distance; // degrees
    camera.yFov = distance;
    [self setNeedsDisplay:YES]; // just in case it needs refreshing

On the first click it zooms in fine, subsequent clicks are ignored, no zoom in,
values are correctly reflected in the log.

--
Thomas C.