Forgot to add, the slowness on 10.7/10.8 can be seen in Activity monitor
during video playback (I am playing a QTMovie onto QTMovieLayer). While
QuickTime player takes  30%, my app takes up to 100% of the CPU power to
play the same video.. That's where I checked the app using Instruments - I
am getting 30-40% of time spent in QuickTime decoding functions, and the
rest of the time - deep inside RunLoop... It is slow like that only on Lion
and Moutain Lion. As soon as comment out this methods swizzling (that lets
me to draw a customized window NSThemeFrame), the performance increases
significantly..
Why might this happen?