Hi,

I am assigned this small utility which should clear inactive RAM.
I know Mac OS X manages memory quite efficiently and inactive RAM also has a
purpose.
But I have to make this.

Prior to Mountain Lion I was allocating memory in my app that was roughly
equivalent to free + inactive RAM.
And it used to work perfectly, i.e. most inactive RAM used to become free.

But in Mountain Lion, aggressive allocations are not affecting RAM at all.

I want this util to also work on systems that don't have Xcode installed.

I saw the post where someone posted notes of purge disassembly. But that isn't
leading anywhere. Also purge comes with Xcode only.

There are apps on Mac App Store that do this kind of thing.

How to go about it? Any pointers would be really appreciated.

Wishes,
Nick