I have an application where a user can select multiple rows of data from an
NSArrayController and edit those rows from a detail view. Now, there are cases
where users have inadvertently changed the values for multiple rows of data
when they did not intend to. How can I warn a user when they enter a texfield
or nscombobox that they are about to edit multiple rows of data and gracefully
give them a way to back out? I noticed that there is no way to discard editing
when in a textfield. Is that the case? I am using the control:
textShouldEndEditing: delegate method which allow me to get 90% of the way
there, but the textfield retains focus, and I can not tab out of the field
without getting my warning. Ideally, pressing "esc" should allow me to discard
any editing and make the field lose focus.

Thoughts?

Thanks,
Patrick