On Jan 9, 2013, at 9:29 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:
> The standard ARM calling convention can be found here:
> http://infocenter.arm.com/help/topic/com.arm.doc.ihi0042e/IHI0042E_aapcs.pdf#page15
>
> Sadly I can't find anything on the iOS Dev Center that assures me that iOS
> obeys the standard calling convention. This concern is real; for example,
> Windows does not obey the AMD64 calling convention on x86-64.

Look for the iOS ABI Function Call Guide.

http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Xcode/Conceptual/iPhoneOSABIReference/Articles/ARMv6FunctionCallingConventions.html
http://developer.apple.com/library/ios/#documentation/Xcode/Conceptual/iPhoneOSABIReference/Articles/ARMv7FunctionCallingConventions.html

tl;dr: iOS follows one of ARM's AAPCS versions, with a handful of exceptions
that are documented in the links above.

--
Greg Parker     gpar...@apple.com     Runtime Wrangler