On Jan 17, 2013, at 3:30 AM, Andy Lee <ag...@mac.com> wrote:

> One thing I didn't test was whether this was due to changeColor: being sent
> or due to the color well responding to the notification,

Actually this doesn't matter since notifications are sent synchronously.

*But* I couldn't resist poking around some more, and found that NSColorWell
(the thing that is FR at the time of my test) does not implement changeColor:.
So I bet it is in fact responding to the color panel by handling
NSColorPanelColorDidChangeNotification. Knowing this doesn't really help, I was
just a bit surprised.

Melvin, I know you're figuring on refactoring rather than kludging. If I figure
out a hack that works, I'll announce it.

--Andy