That's wont help because myClass is a variable created from a String.

as in:

-void methodXXX:(NSString*) theClassName

myClass = NSClassFromString(theClassName);
if (myClass == nil)
        return;

myObj = [[myClass alloc] initWithManager:self]];
}

To whoever said write better code that has types defined, this code is fine. You can't know the Class here which is why I'm checking to see if the Class supports the selector first. I could use performSelector but not sure how that would work with the alloc method:

myObj = [[myClass alloc] performSelector(@selector ("initWithManager:") withObject:self];

Would this work?

Cheers
Dave