Hi all -

I'm having a problem binding to Core Data. Here's my setup: I have data rows
which contain a category and subcategory; the subcategory set is dependent on
the selected category. (For the sake of argument, say the category is "state"
and the subcategory is "counties in the state".) In my CD schema, I have a
Category entity which has a a one-to-many relationship to Subcategory. Each row
of the actual data has a 1-1 relationship to a Category and a Subcategory.

My interface has a table; two of the columns map to the category and
subcategory. I have an array controller for the main data structure (Row
Controller), and another for the top level category values (Category PopUp
Controller). My bindings for the two columns are set up like this:

Category column:
Content - Category PopUp Controller.arrangedObjects
Content Values -  Category PopUp Controller.arrangedObjects.name
Selected Object - Row Controller.arrangedObjects.category

Subcategory column:
Content - Row Controller.arrangedObjects.category.subcategories
Content Values - Row Controller.arrangedObjects.category.subcategories.name
Selected Object - Row Controller.arrangedObjects.subcategory

Category PopUp Controller sources from a simple entity name. Row Controller is
sourced from another table (Root Controller.selection.rowData) which is backed
by a different core data entity (Row Controller's objects are a one-to-many
relationship from each entity represented in the root table.)

I see two bizarre behaviors: when I change the Category value with the popup
button cell in one row, Category values in other rows change. When I change the
subcategory, I get an exception:

2013-01-30 22:32:23.192 Testapp[10506:f03] -[_NSFaultingMutableSet
objectAtIndex:]: unrecognized selector sent to instance 0x101d5dfd0

I built a small test app which used simple objects with properties to implement
the category and subcategory data sets, and just hung the categories as an
NSArray off of the app delegate, then used the same binding scheme pointing at
those rather than using Core Data. There, the bindings worked as expected.

I'm obviously misunderstanding something fundamental about how bindings into
Core Data work. Anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance!!