Finally got a chance to do some more debugging on this.

I looked at the referenced object and figured out why the fault, at least. I
had tried to bind the subcategory column's Content to category.subcategories,
which resolved to a relationship on an NSManagedObject. Under the covers,
evidently a relationship is represented as a set, but per the docs, the Content
binding has to be to an array (the docs actually say it should be an
NSArrayController.)

So evidently directly binding Content and Content Values to something hanging
off a managed object, without going through a controller, is not a great idea.

What I don't see is how to express what I want using an array controller, if
that's what I have to do. I see two choices:

- Bind the array controller for the popup's elements, somehow, to the
'subcategories' relationship for the category object that's selected in each
row of the table
- Bind the array controller for the popup's elements to the core data entity
that represents all of the subcategories, and somehow specify to filter that
data per row to just the elements that have a parent of the category that's
selected in the row

Is it possible to express either of these using just a binding? Or is this case
complex enough that I should be looking at doing this part in code?

Thanks!!