On Feb 4, 2013, at 8:58 AM, Kyle Sluder <k...@ksluder.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Feb 3, 2013, at 11:58 PM, 尹佳冀 wrote:
>> Thanks Mike seem You are right, and I write like this
>>
>> [self performSelector:@selector(doTheThing) withObject:nil
>> afterDelay:0.5];
>> it can work correctly.
>
> Magic constants like this are evil and are a serious indicator of poor
> programming practice. A computer with a faster or slower processor, or
> the same computer with more or fewer tasks going at once, can make your
> "working" code suddenly fail. Then you're back where you started.
>
> Please describe your problem in more detail so we may help you fix it
> the correct way.

+1

I understand the *reasoning* behind performSelector:withObject:afterDelay:, but
I've banned that from code I work on.

I've yet to find a case where that was used that didn't point out a significant
architectural flaw that was the cause for many user tech support calls about
our product.  Fixing those flaws resolved the issue for using "afterDelay" --
and significantly improved the products' stability.

--
Glenn L. Austin, Computer Wizard and Race Car Driver         <><
<http://www.austin-soft.com>