> Does your crash log show multiple threads? I would expect that the crash log
> shows only one thread because NSTask called fork() already.

Hmm. Yes, there's only one thread. I didn't notice that. That explains the
crash (of the forked process) "instead of an exception," like you mentioned.

> That in turn would suggest that the EINVAL is coming from somewhere else.
> NSTask's implementation might also be using fork() + posix_spawn() in your OS
> version. You should look for possible EINVAL errors from posix_spawn().

Looking at the manpage, EINVAL can be thrown because "The value specified by
file_actions or attrp is invalid." I looked at both of those and both appear
completely beyond my influence, so I don't know what could cause it.

--
Seth Willits