Hi,

while testing the latest version of my software in 10.8.2, I noticed that there
are a lot of open files, more than in 10.6.8.

I tracked it down to an animation I use, and the png files I load for that.

In Mac OS X 10.6.8, it works fine, and closes the image files after use. But in
10.8.2, it keeps every single one of them open.

Here is the code I use:

        NSImage                 *nextImage = [NSImage
imageNamed:@"Animator1.png"];
        if (nextImage != NULL)
                [myImageView setImage:nextImage];

myImageView is a regular NSImageView. The app is non GC, and non ARC.

Is that a new "feature" of Mountain Lion?

The problem is that my software deals with a LOT of files, and so it would be
nice to keep the number of open files as small as possible at any time.

And ideas?

Thank you!

Norbert M. Doerner
ndoer...@wfs-apps.de

CEO, West-Forest-Systems
In der Trift 13
56459 Langenhahn, Germany
Fon: +49 (2663) 91 70 128       (Central European Time Zone...)
Fax: +49 (2663) 91 70 126
AIM (iChat), Skype: cdfinderceo
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/neofinder
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/NeoFinder